Sunday, May 13, 2007

THE RICE EXPERIMENT


Lots of people have been asking me what the hell this is all about, so I decided to post about it. The idea iS not new, with movies like THE SECRET and WHAT THE BLEEP DO YOU KNOW out there raising all sort of questions about the affects of human thought on reality I thought I would take a stab at it. The results were so amazing I encourage everyone to try it for themselves, here is what you will need.
1. 2 Classico pasta sauce jars, cleaned and sterilized in boiling water. (Any glass jar will do I just took advantage of my rampant pasta addiction)
2. 1 red and 1 blue marker
3. post it notes
4. 2 cups cooked rice (any kind will do)
5. time and a suspense of disbelief
Place 1 cup of the cooked rice in each jar. Microbes grow best between 4C and 60C (40F-140F) so putting the rice in hot will encourage rapid growth. Using the post-it-notes with the red marker label one jar "Hateful stupid rice" and the other in blue "Grateful loving rice". Put the lids on and place in somewhere where they will get your attention ( I put them out of the way at first, but if they are visible you are more likely to pay attention to them which is the purpose of this experiment). Every day ( every time you have see them is better) tell the grateful rice how good and wonderful it is and let the insults fly on the stupid rice. If you feel silly you can simply read the label, keeping in mind that you must direct your attention accordingly. As you get used to speaking to inanimate objects work on directing emotion as well, I try and use emotions that I am experiencing to my advantage. If I am feeling particularly angry or upset I take it out on the rice, and vice versa.
The visible affects do not get dramatic for some time so it is good if you have a digital camera to document the progression, otherwise you wont have a frame of reference for comparison as the changes manifest themselves.
For more information on this phenomenon check out Dr. Emoto's message from water, and the Global consciousness project, I have posted more photos of the rice experiment in my online album and on facebook. -T

No comments: